Designcraft is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information collected through our website www.designcraft.net.au or directly from you.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1. Type of personal information collected
The type of personal information we collect may include;
- Contact details, including name, e-mail address, address and phone number
- Information about interests and habits
- Purchasing history
- Transaction data
- Traffic data about use of our website
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to provide you with our products and services, to contact and communicate with you, for internal record keeping and for marketing.
This information is collected ;
- When you complete a purchase in our online shop or in our showroom
- When you register to receive our newsletter
- When you create a New Account via My Account on our website
- When you take part in competitions
- When you communicate with us
We collect and store your personal information for the following non-personal and business purposes:
- Processing your purchase and providing our service
- Managing customer affairs
- Despatching newsletters or other marketing material, and other marketing initiatives
- Creating and managing your user account at My Account
- Replying to your enquiries
- Statistics and analysis
Our website is hosted by external suppliers, who process the information on our behalf and as instructed by us.
The information can also be entrusted to and processed by our business partners in connection with the administration of customer affairs and marketing, as well as transport operators for use in delivering goods. In addition, your personal information will be passed on to the payment service provider PayPal whenever you complete a purchase in the www.designcraft.net.au online shop. PayPal is obliged to meet the requirements governing payment acquirers from time to time, including security requirements. PayPal is also responsible for ensuring that measures to keep credit card numbers and pincodes safe are handled in line with the requirements set out in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
3. Disclosure of personal information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• For the purposes to provide our products and services to you;
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
4. Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below or click on the unsubscribe link in the marketing communications received (usually at the bottom of email).
6. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure.
We protect your personal information and have in-house rules regarding information security.
We have adopted in-house rules regarding information security, which contain instructions and measures to protect your personal information from being destroyed, lost or altered, and from unauthorized publication as well as unauthorized parties gaining access to or knowledge of it.
7. Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below.
For any questions or complaints, please contact us at:
Att: Marketing & Communications Manager
Postal: 8 Tralee St Hume ACT 2620
Ph: 02 6290 4900 +61 2 6290 4900
Last update: 21 May 2018